CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge...hmm. What should I say. We got out of Ashburn on time around 930a and headed out. We had a very uneventful drive to Williamsburg. Stopped for lunch at Sonic and then headed to GWL. We waited in a very long line to check in. It was about 1p. Our room was not ready but we knew that we could head to the water park. While in line, the Grimms and Perkins arrived. The Buermeyers had already been there and set up camp in the cabana we rented. All was going great, although I was starting to not feel right. About an hour after that, I laid down in the lounge chair in the cabana and fell asleep. Yes, right in the water park amid the noise. The Frescholtz's had arrived by this time too. Around 4p, the room was ready and I left the water park to go lie down. Scott and the kids came back around 530p. We had dinner plans with the group. I dragged myself up and got dressed to go. We met in the lobby and headed out. We did reach the parking lot of the restaurant. It was then I realized if I even smelled food it was not going to have a good outcome. We turned around to drive back to the hotel. Nate said he was hungry and Scott told him he would get them something to eat -- it was over for me at the mere mention of food. I reached in the back of the car, found a grocery bag and well, you can imagine the rest. Scott quickly pulled into a dark parking lot where I got out and like a high school girl drinking, got very sick.

We got back to the GWL, I went to the room and Scott took Nate and Hannah to see a magic show in the lobby and get some dinner. They returned and we all went to bed.

The next morning, I slept in and Scott took the kids to the water park. We checked out of the room around 1030a and I went to say hello to everyone in the water park. I really was very weak but didn't feel horrific. We left the park around 1p. The kids and Scott stopped for lunch while I slept in the car waiting for them. I slept most of the way home. What a great memory!

I was sick basically until today - Wednesday - off and on. The kids did have a great time at GWL and thank god for friends.

0 comments: