So Scott decided to go to Vegas and meet up with his AZ friend Jon H. Both the Dr and I thought it was a great idea. Get out of your comfort zone and have some fun with a good friend he hasn't seen in a while. He was so apprehensive about it though. One thing that you don't get used is the personality shift that happens with cancer.
The PC (pre-cancer) Scott would have not even hesitated to go -- he would be gone faster than I could say gone. This new Scott, hemmed and hawed about it. Don't get me wrong, I understand the concerns -- what if he starts to feel like crap, what if he is too tired to do anything, what if something happens, what if... -- This is the good weekend so I think he will be fine. He goes in for another chemo session on Tuesday. Sometimes you just need a break. We have been dealing with this since July with no "break" -- a lot of stress and worry.
I am going to try to go to my brother, David's, engagement party in January out in SF. I have to coordinate with my friends though to ensure that Scott has some help and support while I am gone which will be the one logistical thing I will have to deal with pre trip. It's important that i go. All the Gettinger kids will be there. They were all together for Thanksgiving minus me, so I think this time I will complete the Get-net.
This weekend we have so much planned. Hannah and Maya have a bday party at Tysons's corner and Nate is heading over to Jacob's house during that. On Sunday, the kids have Hebrew school, then Nate is headed over to Ryan's house for fun and then a party. So the plan for the weekend is to keep them busy!
Friday, December 5, 2008
And He's Off...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment