CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Taking a new path

We are done with the chemo portion of our journey, please exit using the ramp located to the right....Just kidding.... We decided that we are not going to go ahead and continue on with the Avastin. The benefits are just not justifable with the side effects and the time and energy it has taken.

Scott will go see Dr Marshall every 3 months for visits and blood work so if there is something to be found, chances are we will find it.

So now, our family can take the path towards recovering. It will take a while to find our new normal I am sure...if there is such a thing.

Also, I have heard from many people that for the cancer survivor it's not really over. In the back of their mind, the will it come back is forever present. We are told 3 years have a small party, 5 years have a BIG one!

So stay tuned about those parties...

I am still going to continue on with the blog - this blog is really about our lives, cancer, kids, fun, sadness -- life really. Living with our new found "cancer fighter/survivor" status...

2 comments:

Suzanne, Lance and Belle said...

Yeah Scotty!! Congrats! Can you have ice cream now? xoxox Suzanne

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I really enjoy your blog. It's a good way to stay in touch with your lives that are so precious to us. Hope to see you soon. Love, A. Patti