Today was a mixed bag. While Scott's pain is better it's still there. The nurse tech urged Scott to get out of bed today, so he mustered the courage and went from the bed to the recliner chair 2 separate times. It was very painful and took a lot of work, but it's all on the road to recovery.
They heard some faint sounds in his stomach/bowel area but not enough to let him eat. He is getting skinnier by the day. He is still on ice chips only.
The Dr stopped by early this morning and removed his bandages and he looks like he has a zipper in his pelvic area. I believe they used adhesive glue instead of staples or stitches. He still has the draining bags, catheteter, and various IV tubes. They are also giving him heparin every day to thin his blood. He also has these wraps on his legs that give his legs a massage to help prevent clotting.
His spirits were lifted today by visits by Tom L, Hale and team, Matt P, Joyce, Vanessa and Heather. They made him laugh a lot.
His pain button dispenses Dilaudin every 6 mins. and he hasn't been using as much as yesterday evening. He isn't sleeping much, so he's in and out of dozing mode. He was able to clean up a bit and brush his teeth. I think that helped him feel better.
We may get the pathology report back tomorrow but I am willing to bet next Tues will be more like it.
I am with him at the hospital until around 7p every day. He needs a lot of help moving around etc. I want to just thank everyone for your kind thoughts, prayers, check-ins. We are so lucky to have such great people in our lives. Shmultzy I know - but true. Thank you.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Update for today
Posted by steffy at 6:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Glad to hear each day seems to be getting better (even if it's just a little better). Thanks for keeping us all posted on the blog. Jenn and I check it several times a day for updates. I can't get to this site from work so I sneak a peak on my blackberry every once in a while.
We're praying for some good news from the pathology report and that God gives you and Scott the strength you need everyday.
One day at a time. So glad to hear he got some laughs today and was moving around a bit. Each day will get a little better. You need a lawn boy on Sunday? Let me know :) I got one you can borrow. Steph, hope you are doing well too.
Melissa
Steph, Glad to hear Scotty was able to get up a couple of times today. Each day it will get easier. Some more good news - Hannah and Natey have a new little cousin. Sophie was born about 15 minutes ago! No stats or pics yet. Everyone is thrilled. She is a little blonde like Stacey (and Scotty and Natey). APatti & URic will head out to VA real early tomorrow morning. Tell Scotty to keep up the good work! Love to all of you.xoxoxoxo
We are here for you guys when you need us. Glad to hear there is a little progess with the recovery. We are praying for clean pathology reports.
Post a Comment