Everyone wants to know how Scott is feeling now that he is post chemo 1. He describes it like this: "I feel like I have the flu, but have no symptoms of it". I take that to mean he is wiped out and achey, but no fever or chills. He hasn't had a lot of nausea but has been taking the Zofran so it could be because of that. I have noticed his appetite isn't like it once was but he is eating. He still gets up a few times a night to go to the bathroom - but it doesn't seem as frequent as it once was.
Interesting things the nurse told us: He should peel the apple skins before eating apples, not eat grapes or other fruits and vegetables that have lots of crevices or can't be peeled. All veges need to be very well cooked.
He comes home from work and basically rests either on the couch or goes to bed. I am glad to see he is taking it easy whether it is by choice or not. Hannah has been very sweet, she asks him every day how he is feeling. Also, this morning, she wrote me a note to tell me to have a good day and that she loves me, and gave it to Scott to give to me, and then turned around and said "That goes for you too Daddy".
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Post Chemo 1
Posted by steffy at 6:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Out of the mouths and actions of babes, God displays His most powerful and healing love. You (we) are truly blessed. xoxoxoxo
What a sweetie pie!
Post a Comment