Scott went to chemo today alone. I came down with a bug that kept me in bed most of today and took my voice. His appointment time for the doctor was 9a and was kept on time. Dr M said that they need to start watching is blood pressure because its high again - a side effect from the Avastin - and if it continues to be high, they need to put him on bp meds. He got a new anti-nausea medicine to try and they said he can expect to get more and more tired with each treatment.
He didn't get his chemo treatment until around noon today, so he didn't get home until around 530p. Long day. My friend - Smob - was able to stop by and bring him some lunch and hang out for a bit to keep him company. I really appreciated that and I am sure Scott did too.
When Scott came home, he already looked green and ate a small meal and went to bed. I just have a feeling this chemo session will not be so good to him. It's very hard to see him hurting.
I have been trying to plan some kid outings to just get them out of the house while he recovers. Tomorrow, Annette and I are going out for a bit for dinner. Scott tends to not have a lot of patience with the kids and heck, who can blame him. I am not going through chemo and I don't have a lot of patience with the kids either
Scott said our next appointment is in 4 weeks because of Thanksgiving. I will keep everyone posted.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Chemo Round 4
Posted by steffy at 5:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Scott and Steph,
We are sending our love and hope that you both are feeling better soon! xoxoxox Love, Suzanne and Lance
Post a Comment