The chemo rounds are getting predictable now. He goes in on Tues, feels like crap through approximately Tues of the following week, has some stomach issues on the Tues, then starts to feel better on Weds and then back to normal come the weekend --then we start all over again.
His neuro issues are pretty prevalent throughout now. Hannah has learned to make her own frozen breakfasts and I heat up certain foods that come right out of the fridge. Scott has learned to drink sweet tea with no ice and is not able to eat ice cream or smoothies. Anything cold really. We are going to work this weekend on getting one side of the garage empty so he can start putting his car in there now that it's getting cold outside. I think that's going to become a bigger issue as winter descends upon us.
Scott met with someone recently that just got done with chemo. He had stage 4b Hodgkin's disease, married with young kids. A few of Scott's friends thought it would be helpful to get them together to talk about their experiences. I was very proud of Scott - kind of out of character for him to go and meet with a stranger to talk. I think it was really helpful to share their stories. Even though their cancer's were different, they both are or have been through the same things.
Me, you ask, how am I doing?!! ...Well this is like a rollercoaster. One day I feel hopeful and happy, the next, it hits me - Man, we are in this for the long haul. I am focusing a lot of my energy on my health. I have been working out hard with the bootcamp and the trainer -5x a week. It has been helping me de-stress. The kids always keep me busy. Hannah started brownies this week. Nate - well he's Nate and is in a constant state of movement. As Dr Marshall said, we are trying to juggle the balls we have as best as we can.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Same Old Routine
Posted by steffy at 5:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment