CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And so it begins...

Scott goes in for his port surgery tomorrow morning at Reston Hospital. On Friday he begins chemo. The chemo will take approximately 6 hours and then he goes home with a time released 48 hour pack. He has to return on Sunday to get the pack removed and the port flushed out I believe.

We are waiting for the regular schedule for his chemo at Georgetown.

Scott was randomized into the group that does FOLFOX for 6 months and Avastin for another 6 months. Even though it means more time in chemo, that was the better group to be in. We were told that the 6month supply of Avastin costs upwards of $100K - the cost is being picked up by the trial.

My dad is coming for a visit tonite from Arizona for the rest of the week, so hopefully Scott will be up for a visitor. The kids are really looking forward to spending time with their "grampa".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Scotty, You will beat this! You were born into good, strong stock, even though not the healthiest. lol As your U. Mike said last Sat. as we celebrated his 60th b-day, "every day I wake up is a good day." Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family. Love, A. Patti

Anonymous said...

You are all in our thoughts! I know we don't comment much, but have been keeping tabs on the situation. Thanks for posting the information Stephanie! I always knew you were a strong woman, but I am inspired at how you are handling it all and how forthcoming you have been! Scott we are thinking of you! Love you all!