This weekend has been a bit tough. A friend of mine very generously gave us some sweet seats to see the Washington Nationals baseball team on Friday night. The seats were on the 3rd baseline, 11 rows up. She even threw in some rock star parking in the garage right in the stadium. None of us have seen the Nats play and for the kids, it would be their first game. So, even though the Nats aren't good, the seats and experience promised to be!
My mom actually was in town Friday for a class she was teaching. She wanted to stop by for a quick dinner before we all headed out to the game. We got through dinner ok, but towards the end of it, Scotty didn't feel well. He made the very hard decision to not go to the game. The kids were excited to go and had been talking about it all week. I decided to go without Scott and drive into the city.
For those that know me well, know this is a HUGE accomplishment for me, since I have an unreasonable fear of driving in DC. I have the trusty nav, so I felt ok about it. And although I did get lost a few times and it took a while for the nav to catch up, I made it just fine and just a few minutes late.We all got settled, got some cotton candy, drinks etc and then I started to explain the game to the kids a bit. Hannah and Nate both brought their mitts to the game in hopes of catching a ball. Well wouldn't you know it, the boy in front of (who brought a mitt as well) caught a ball. Directly in front of us! The girl in the row behind us caught a t-shirt as well. We went home empty handed with regards to a ball. Oh well. We did get caught in a rainstorm and the 3 of us decided to weather the storm - Hannah said we aren't going to melt! We ended up leaving the game at the bottom of the 7th inning with some dippity dot ice cream for the kids in tow. They both fell asleep within 5 mins of us leaving the parking garage. The Nats lost for those that care.
Scott has been having some off days lately. His stomach doesn't seem quite right and he is weak. He has been able to run an errand or get out of the hosue for a bit, but anything more than an hour or so away, he needs to go home. I think the issue is when he starts to feel better, he wants to go out understandably. But that is exactly when he should rest more. Double edged sword of sorts.
Saturday was a mixed bag. Scott wasn't feeling well again. We decided to run a quick errand and then spend the rest of the day at home. Hannah went over her friend Reagan's house for the day. They have a pool so she came home super exhausted. Nate did the quick errand with us, then my neighbor Tom came by and asked if he could take Nate down the street to play with the other kids there. The kids down the street have a big moon bounce water slide and Tom thought it would be a great help to occupy Nate for a bit. He thought right. I was able to start to organize and de-clutter my garage a bit, do some laundry, and clean the kitchen. Thanks to both Heidi M and neighbor Tom for helping me accomplish some things today by watching the kids. It is appreciated. I then grilled some turkey burgers for Nate, Scott and then went and picked up HBea. I'm pretty tired as you can imagine.
I hope Scotty is feeling better tomorrow. It's tough seeing him like this.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Sat 8.16
Posted by steffy at 6:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment